Site Reliability Engineer
Company Description: The Most Well Known Streaming Content Technology Firm in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 8055
As a Web Operations / Site Reliability Engineer at this media giant you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of their premiere digital properties.
This person will be deeply hands-on with infrastructure, systems, automation, monitoring and system telemetry, and operational processes. This person will understand the challenges around rapidly creating, scaling and managing distributed applications and will be able to collaborate with talented engineers across multiple disciplines to address those challenges.
What you’ll do:
· Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network. Physical hardware and cloud-based environments.
· Drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
· Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company
· Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
· Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders.
· Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring and telemetry
What we’re looking for:
· Minimum of 5 years of managing web services in an multi-region, multi-provider Internet scale Linux environment
· Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
· Ability to actively participate in infrastructure design and implementation.
· Solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
· Must be adaptable and able to focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions
· Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
· Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.