Fixed Income Trade Support Analyst for Leading Global Investment Management Firm
Company Description: Global Investment Management Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 8170
Our client, a fixed Income boutique based in New York is seeking a Trade Systems Support Analyst who will work closely with the trade operations, traders and portfolio managers to support and maintain the trading and settlement systems.
The IT Trade Systems Support Analyst will possess strong communication skills with the ability to work independently with multiple personnel/departments including the trade floor and portfolio managers. Success will be measured by details/qualities of work product, ability to meet deadlines/milestones and user satisfaction.
As the IT Trade Systems Support Analyst, you will:
* Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Traders, and other support analysts to support and maintain the trading system
* Support and manage all day to day activity for trading and settlement platforms
* Troubleshoot and monitor the trading platform
* Develop and understand the trading and settlement workflows for the full range of fixed income products
* Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and work to minimize impact wherever possible.
* Regularly review and analyze the service requests and issues that are raised; seek to improve the process and remove reoccurring tasks where possible.
* Fulfill responsibilities related to production support as well as application enhancements simultaneously.
* Act as liaison between business users, product vendors and internal application development teams to facilitate small-scale changes and complex problem solving.
* Provides direction and support to vendors / application developers when application changes require knowledge of or changes to system functionality
* Form strong working relationships with internal users - both business and technical
As the Trade Systems Support Analyst, you have:
* Demonstrated years of experience in an investment management firm supporting a trading desk function
* Strong knowledge of trade lifecycle and settlement operations, specifically with fixed income products
* Experience with an Order Management System like Black Mountain Systems, Bloomberg AIM, Everest or Charles River trading systems is needed; ThinkFolio is highly preferred.
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Strong communication skills, take ownership of support tasks, ability to work and follow up with multiple personnel/departments will be crucial
* Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational and multi-task skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
* Some experience with SQL (ability to run queries within application databases)
* Some exposure/experience in helpdesk or desktop support and willingness to contribute in this area on a day-to-day basis
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.