Consultant, IBM MQ Messaging Engineer / Architect
Company Description: Leading global provider of data, news and analytics
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Consulting
Job Number: 8222
Our client is looking for a Senior Messaging Engineer & Architect to join their Middleware team and help drive their next generation of Enterprise Messaging platform. This team owns all of our client's messaging infrastructure and is responsible for keeping it up and running, ensuring connectivity for both external clients and internal systems. They architect scalable and secure enterprise messaging systems, leveraging industry standards like IBM MQ / WebsphereMQ / MQ Series, ESB as well as Kafka, RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ. They also develop automated tools to provision new servers, reallocate existing ones, track performance issues and look at long-term trends to correct issues.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive efficiencies in systems: design, build and deliver automation tools that improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- Drive efficiencies in process: implement and enforce process for change management, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and be available for escalations.
You'll need to have:
- Significant experience working in a Messaging, Middleware, Application Integration or MQ SRE role, with strong skill sets in both software engineering and system management
- Strong system and software engineering background, with good understanding in system availability, latency and performance.
- Experience with enterprise messaging systems like MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ running on Linux and Solaris is essential
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python or C++ and ability to learn new ones
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- A good understanding of PaaS is a strong plus
- A naturally curiosity and ability to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges
- A strong feeling of ownership and accountability
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Andiamo Partners | 90 Broad Street, Suite 1501, New York, NY 10004