DevOps Automation Engineer - DC
Company Description: Financial Services Consulting Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 8363
DevOps Automation Engineer
Our client is looking for a solid DevOps/Automation Engineer to join the Consulting Engineering Practice.
Who Are You?
You are a senior software engineer that veers towards quality. You don’t mind scripting or tinkering with the database. You know how to automate and put into place measures that ensure the builds and releases meet standards. You have the ability to face a client and can clearly convey how our team is ensuring quality in the context of the various agile sprints in our engagement.
· Identify automation, stress and performance testing needs and design the engineering quality strategy
· Work directly with product owners to identify a test data generation plan
· Create and maintain regression test suites and other relevant engineering quality artifacts
· Identify gaps and suggest improvements with current processes
· Interface with client’s stakeholders to represent engineering quality status
· Strong background in automation (Selenium/Cucumber or other Web testing tools).
· Experience in building and designing automation frameworks.
· Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
· Experience with, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or other DevOps tools
· Understanding what can be automated and what cannot be automated, and being able to communicate that understanding at all levels.
· Experience in investigating and troubleshooting problems discovered through the automation suite.
· Experience of automating large scalable enterprise level software systems.
· Understand the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, code
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.