Elite Global Investment Firm - End User Support Engineer
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Number: 8386
Our client is a global investment firm build around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, their hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measureable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, their team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
An End User Support Engineer provides technical support, administration, for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-directed technical expert that can work both independently and with the broader team. The right candidate is focused on asking better questions as opposed to simply providing immediate answers.
If you've got an interest in:
If you've proven you have:
· Demonstrated the ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues and adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment.
· A solid understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware and peripherals.
· A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft business products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows), and other common business productivity software.
· A good understanding of LAN technologies and the TCP/IP protocol.
· A solid knowledge of workstation connectivity solutions, including wireless networking, broadband solutions, and VPN clients. A working knowledge of broad based server technology within a Microsoft environment; including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS and DHCP.
· Experience working on and supporting remote computing components and solutions including but not limited to: RSA Servers and appliances, Cisco VPN and Citrix.
· Communicated effectively with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, on the phone, and via e-mail).
· Interacted professionally with internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
· A Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) and 3+ years of relevant technical support experience.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.