Consultant, Sr. Network Engineer
Company Description: One of the largest international banking networks
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Consulting
Job Number: 8580
The Network Engineer will have responsibility for the oversight, support and management of several distributed LAN / WAN environments in North America. The Network Engineer must possess an understanding of a complex combination of various technologies and operating systems and be able to design and implement the network solutions. Some regional travel and the ability to provide 7x24 support is also required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform 1st, 2nd, 3rd level support for the WIFI, corporate LAN, MAN and WAN Infrastructure
- Work with production architecture group to gather requirements, design and deploy network infrastructure
- Work with system support team members in troubleshooting complex, cross platform issues
- Evaluate emerging network technologies and align their benefits with the business strategy
- Monitoring service management system to ensure operational issues are being managed
- Ensure standard practices are followed within the team, including security, and other corporate IT policies
- Closely link with his or her counterparts to ensure definition and strict adherence to technology standards, both local production and Global
- Provide day-to-day support of existing Network infrastructure
- Design/Implement new infrastructure on a per-project basis
- Proactively recommend projects based on monitoring, prior expertise, hardware knowledge.
- Participate in On-Call rotation schedule for after hours escalation
- Exercise proficiency with ITP Policies and Procedures, including Change Control, timesheets, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Network Management products and proficiency with ITP-standard monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and a detailed knowledge of networking technologies such as Metro Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DWDM, TDM
- Thorough understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, PIM, IGMP, DHCP, and DNS
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco products including the Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching platforms, Cisco ISR and ASR routing platforms and Juniper EX switches
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Andiamo Partners | 90 Broad Street, Suite 1501, New York, NY 10004