Senior Network Analyst - Diversity Hires (Females)
Company Description: Leading global provider of data, news and analytics
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 8599
The Network Engineering team is critical to offering uninterrupted service to our clients over one of the largest private International Wide Area Networks (WAN).
We are involved with all aspects of planning and implementation of network infrastructure, spanning over a hundred Point of Presence (POP) sites globally and serve as point of escalation for other technical operation teams. We work closely with R&D, Network Design, CTO office and product managers across the enterprise, driving technology forward and leveraging the company's MPLS network for business and client needs.
On our team you'll use both your design and operational experience to help us implement new technologies that provide essential business solutions. You'll provide design recommendations as well as testing and implementing the designs as a proof of concept. We'll depend on you to provide technical leadership on complex projects involving a broad range of expertise and disciplines, often performing the role of Infrastructure Engineer. You'll also be looked to for recommendations on how best to leverage new technology for the benefit of our customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Plan, design and coordinate the installation of wide area networks, including the recommendation of system software and hardware
- Gather requirements, analyze technical networking issues and develop options and recommendations
- Perform system installation, system software maintenance and product upgrades
- Procure networking hardware and software
- Test new vendor hardware, as well as software updates and patches
- Conduct network analysis, configuration management and develop improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability
- Research, analyze, plan and develop hardware and software requirements
- Design, develop, recommend and implement new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary
- Provide technical expertise for network transitions, migrations and consolidations
- Provide technical assistance to IT support staff, including but not limited to, Network Operations, Applications Developers, System Administrators, Project Mangers, Change Managers and Business Development staff
- Lead project management activities for new system requirements, RFP responses, POP site migrations and new technology deployments
- Collaborate with the R&D design team on implementing technologically advanced solutions to meet customer requirements
- Proactively assess exposure areas and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Create and updates Network Diagrams in MS Visio, and document processes/procedures
- Interface with customers, end users, partners and associates to resolve complex issues
You need to have:
- A BS or MS (CS/EE preferred)
- Proven experience with Cisco/Juniper Network Engineering experience with routers, switches, LAN, WAN and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPBGP, MPLS, VPLS, BGP/MPLS)
- Extensive hands-on design, implementation and configuration of highly complex Cisco/Juniper Routing/Switching Network environments
- An understanding of WAN/LAN inter-networking including design elements, cost versus performance trade-offs, protocol interoperability, network architecture development and requirements for testing / proof of concept.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting user and site VPNs on multiple platforms
- Flexibility to work off hours
- Strong documentation skills
We'd love to see:
-Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)
-MVPN / Multicast knowledge
-MPLS Traffic Engineering
-Traffic Analysis utilizing Riverbed, Corvil or similar netflow analysis tools
-Financial Market Data Distribution
-Scripting or programming knowledge
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.